Did you know that 35% of adults don’t read regularly?
World Book Night hopes to change this. The annual event was set up five years ago due to the success of World Book Day which is for children. Tomorrow is also the UNESCO International Day of the Book, so there’s no excuse to not pick up a book on the day!
The annual celebration of reading has given away thousands of books to schools, libraries and community centres.
Special editions of twenty World Book Night books will be distributed by volunteers around the 23rd of April. There are also many events taking place around the country. Check out the events happening in Scotland!
- Meet the author Peter Kerr (23rd April, 7pm, Dick Institute Library, Kilmarnock)
- Edinburgh Reads – Alexander McCall Smith (25th April, 2.30pm, Edinburgh Central Library)
- Event with Harry Morris (23rd April, 7pm, Falkirk Library)
- Event with Jess Smith and Jules Watson (23rd April, 7pm, Oban Library)
- Event with Louise Welsh (23rd April, 7pm, Motherwell Library)
You can find out more about events in the UK and Ireland and get tickets for all the events on the World Book Night website here.